Thursday 19 May 2011

Sense of Self

Just a quickie.



I am so grateful that my parents brought me up with a strong sense of self. I have never been afraid of what other people will think, I am not scared to be myself. I am, you could say, verry opinionated. I know who I am and what I value, and if I see or hear somthing wrong I am the first to say somthing. I'm the excentric one. I make my voice heard. Especially in religion subjects... they always seem to be more like 'debating' rather than 'class'. Well, I'm verry sure of myself, perhaps too sure sometimes. I have never had problems with being bullied, I have always been confident and strong willed --I would know how to be a pushover as much as I would know how to be a boy -- but I have had, and do have, problems with pride. I know when to admit that I am wrong and usually always I can, except with my imediate family. I'm the worst with my mother, I find it incrediable hard to accept her authority. I guess that every strength is also a weakness. Hopefully we will go back to normal after this 'teenage' stage of my life but at the moment I don't know if I will ever find her way of speaking to me less degrading, or her commands less hypocritical. With prayer and time, I hope we'll get there.

In the meantime, I would like to introduce you to Gerald the Gerbal. He is not mine, but I would verry much like him to be. Isn't he adorbale!
Steph xx

2 comments: