Wednesday 4 May 2011

Maybe, maybe not?

I'm quite a fearful person really, and some of my fears are just plain irrational. I'm afraid of:

The unknown
Heights
Pain
Staying single
Being locked in enclosed places
Undressing in front of people
hell
Ridicule
Moths, spiders, grasshoppers (all bugs really)
Speed (roller coasters are dreadful!)
Being cut
Being in the house alone at night
The list goes on...

I don't know why I'm scared of some of those things. Take moths for instance, they are tiny and couldn't hurt you if they tried, but I still yell and run from the room when ever they flap at me! I can't sleep at night if there is a moth in my room, I just lie there.... watching it. When there is a moth on the wall in the hall I sneak to a point then dash past it and run to the kitchen. Why? That is so stupid, but no matter how I try I can't stop being terrified! (unintentionally I'v even made my best friend scared of them)

So you can imagine my gladness when I heard:

Perfect love casts out all fear. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. 1 John 4:18

That's some pretty good news for me. It means that, hopefully, as I grow closer to God those fears should go away. Then I read the second bit of 1 John 4:18:

The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

What does that mean! Am I not made perfect in love? Then I was scared about not being perfected in love. However I don't know one person who isn't afariad of somthing. There will be no fear in heaven (no bad fear - we may still 'fear' God, I don't know how that's going to work) and no human is perfect. So is that scripture the same then? We can't possibly be perfect in love while we are corrputed by sin so maybe that perfection only comes after the death of our flesh. I'm not sure but I think that could be plausable.


Steph xx

p.s. I wonder if we will get to fly in heaven. I would like to fly, but it's not verry important... so maybe not?

No comments:

Post a Comment