Tuesday 7 June 2011

Neverland

Life was so uncomplicated when I was a child. Why does that have to change? I lived in so many fantasy worlds, sometimes I got them mixed up with real life. They became my real life. All I ever wanted was for Peter to come and take me away. Neverland was my dream. There I could escape, I could be free and eight forever. It just seemed like the better option.



Why do bad things happen to children? I don't blame God, I never have. I could never understand how people could. By the time I was ten it was too late for Neverland, the land of  innocence and simplicity, I was already being enveloped by the adult world. Sometimes I swear it was like I was treading water just to keep from going under. Where was the catcher in the rie when I needed him? Who left the gate open for me to renture too far? Your family are suposed to protect you, if not from anyone else, at least, from your self.

I've done a lot of things in my life that I'm not proud of.

Which is harder: forgiving 'them', or forgiving yourself? Never let anyone tell you that it's the former, it's not.

This is my neverland

Steph xx

No comments:

Post a Comment