Monday 27 June 2011

Lovely Day

I woke up, at about 10 o'clock, to a really beautiful picture, perfectly framed by my window. The sky was blue with white puffy clouds that lessened the suns blow so the hills were just brushed with copper; glorious.


It was cool enough to wear a cardigan but not so cool as to need a jacket; also, glorious. There was a slight breeze and the ground was dry, so I took a walk with a blanket and a book and ended up beneath some pine trees in my favorite, sucluded part of the park. I just lay there for hours, looking through the pines at the sky, reading on occasion, and listening to sounds of the morning, and then afternoon.


At about half one I picked up my blanket and headed home. Then we went to my grandparent's. It was nice. We had all sorts of pleasentries to eat and drink and there were all sorts of things to talk about. My grandmother is a bit of a kindred spirit and she always has something for me to admire; be it a broach that her mother used to pin her hankerchief to her pinafour with, or the mug she used to have her hot chocolate in when she was a tiny child. I had a really lovely day.

Steph xx

No comments:

Post a Comment