Monday 25 April 2011

Personality

As classified by Myers Briggs, I am an INFP/ENFP. Meaning, for those of you savy to the Myers Briggs tests, that half the time I am approximatly 48% E and 52% I, and reverse for the other half. However as far as N vs. S, F vs. T and P vs. J: I am high 80s + (%) for all of N, F and P.

After reading extensivly on both of my surposed personalities, I have decided that for the most part I am INFP, but I do have a couple of ENPF traits thrown into the mix. INPF being: Introverted, iNtuitive, Feeling and Perceiving. This makes me, acording to one website, 'the dreamer' - highly perceptive and introspective, and openly emotional. I do think about things alot... more than others I'v talked to... in third person too - is that weird?

While I'm on the subject of personalities: in the car the other day on the way to Girraween, we tried to sum up everyones personalities, as nuturally as possible, in four words. In a mannor of speaking I ended up with seven - 6 words and one phrase that we just couldn't find the perfect word for in the intended, specific context - relating to my personality.

singleminded
determined
protective
sharp
personable
opinionated
think-about-everything-alot (which come to think about it could maybe be introspective or maybe procrastinative - if thats a word - according to the oxford online dictionary the adjective of procrastionate is actually procrastinatory. Thank you oxford.)

Note: every word has a specific meaning when relating to me; and every strength can also be a weakness.

Taking the latter part of the above note, I'm sure that there are many arguments against those 7 words that could be found, but anyone who really knows me well would undoubtedly agree with them, as I agree with them myself, completely.

Going into all of them would take quite a while so if there are any specific questions comment and I'll answer them in my next blog but I will discribe one for you.

Personable:

I go out of my way to accomodate for the feelings, securities and accepted norms I percieve evident in others. Unfortunatly this means that I often find that I care greatly about what others think about me, or I sit there worrying that they will judge me negativly.

Steph xx

No comments:

Post a Comment